I reached out to our Creative Director for an exclusive peek into our flow!
Optimize video content is created by two people; Me (Ben) producing, filming and primary editing and coloring. Chris handles graphics and advanced sound mixing.
To bring it all together we use a number of programs including:
· Editing – Adobe Premiere Pro
· Color Grading – Cinema Grade and Red Giant Colorista
· Graphics – Adobe After Effects
· Sound – Premiere Pro and iZotope
Both Chris and I have multiple computers with each of us dedicating one machine each to editing only. By doing this our editing machines run at their maximum capabilities. Our iMacs are identical:
· 2019 iMac 27” Retina 5K, 3.6 GHz i9, 64GB DDR4, Radeon Pro Vega 48
With an additional 30” display Ben’s Adobe workspace is setup over two monitors for a clean uncluttered interface. Chris prefers to work using a single monitor.
Filming is comprised of two parts:
- Studio - +1’s, Mastery
- Location – Event coverage, ads, promotional
The studio setup is somewhat complex with a variety of lighting, stands, and sound and lighting modifiers being used. Primary equipment includes:
· Camera - Canon C200
· Lens - Canon 50mm Prime f/1.2
· Microphone - Oktava MK-012-01 small diaphragm condenser, cardioid
· Lighting - Litepanels Astra 1x1 and Kinoflo
Location filming, or anything other than Optimize wisdom, is filmed using a Canon C300 MarkII. This type of work is always a little different and approached one of two ways:
Local - For local jobs I arrive in a fully stocked high roof production vehicle which includes everything one might need for any lighting and sound situation.
Flyaway - Typically I travel with a modest camera, lighting and sound package which includes a tripod and a variety of stands and portable lights and modifiers. In addition to an overhead microphone I also carry one or two sets of Sennheiser G3 lavaliers!